Sunday 5 January 2014

Content is the "King"

As this is my first post I would not bring anything complex up the table, (not that I would keep my future posts complex..this was just a starting statement :P ) I would keep it as simple as possible. For starters, I will be throwing some light on one of the most important part of Marketing in the ongoing digital age, that is, CONTENT (see I told you I would keep it simple :D).

Content is the soul of your business. It can be a picture, a blog post, a video, a Facebook status or a tweet about your business. It tells the world what you have on offer and is the only thing that helps you express the “Promise” (the promise of a great product, an exceptional service or a memorable experience).

"K I S S" your content

business marketing, content marketing, digital marketing, marketing, social media marketing


“A kiss is a transfer of feelings without words.”

Ahem! Ahem! *cough* *cough*... #SpoilerAlert. Sorry, I went a bit off theme there. I forgot that this is not a blog based on love and romance, so that quote was completely out of place.

However, there exists the K.I.S.S concept in Marketing as well. It is called Keep It Simple Silly.

Sharing your “Core competency” with people in the right way over and over again is the best way to let them know about you as a business, you as a service, or you as an experience. All you need to keep in mind is that you need to keep your message simple so that the people are able to understand it and are able to relate to it (this is very critical, if you don’t follow this all your marketing efforts may go down the drain.)

In order to do what I said in the previous paragraph it is important for you to know your “core competency”. Share what you do differently and what distinguishes you from your competition. Sharing your human side would also help. This would help you connect with your potential client’s  mind and anyone with a beating heart. (This is what I call ‘emo’ marketing, and I strongly feel that it works).

Making it short and crisp, my advice to you would be, just share everything that would motivate a potential client to buy into your product, your service or the experience that you’re offering in a simple old fashioned manner (too much creativity kills the meaning of your content sometimes, keep that in mind).

'Hug' your content when it’s needed

business marketing, content marketing, digital marketing, marketing, social media, seo, email marketing, marketing tips


Crafting and sharing something about your business in a way that gives the audience a close view of your business at the right time (when you expect the audience count to shoot up, like in the festive season) is what I call 'hugging' your content and it is very important.

Be honest and informative at the same time, trust me it would help you gain confidence of the audience. Don’t miss a single chance and try to share anything new that happens in your business with the world (this would keep them engaged).

My suggestion to you would be to go deep into your business and try to share every bit of it with the world and you would be glad to see the results coming in your favor.


*Please share this post with your peers (peer to peer marketing, you see :P) through the social networks given below. Also keep your comments coming in. Many thanks.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Partners

Online Marketing


Globe of blogs

Globe of blogs

Reach us at


Popular Posts

Designed By M.Y.O.B